Is drying your buds a good idea?
Are you dying to know how to quick-dry a bud? Typically, marijuana buds will take 1 – 2 weeks to dry completely.
It is worth noting that correctly drying and curing your cannabis plant is essential if you want to experience your cannabis strain at its full potential with minimal harshness and get the most out of your high.
However, it is possible for you to quickly dry your bud to sample if you cannot wait long enough. While some of these popular methods may degrade the psychoactive constituents of your buds, at least they will allow you to sample your bud to see if your flowers are ready for harvest.
How to dry a sample bud quickly for testing?
Quick-drying buds for testing can let you sample your bud without having to wait. Here are a few methods to dry your buds that help you retain THC and CBD levels:
Oven, microwave or food dehydrator method
Using a microwave on low heat settings or a food dehydrator can do wonders when it comes to drying your buds.
- Begin by trimming your buds and laying them on a generous piece of the baking sheet placed neatly inside your baking tray.
- Do make sure that your buds are evenly spaced apart.
- Set your oven or microwave to 125 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pop in your baking tray and leave them inside for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Pull them out, turn them over, and leave them in for another 5 minutes.
Caution! Please remember that you need to make sure your oven or microwave setting is incredibly low for this technique to work. Heat is known to effectively destroy cannabinoid content so it will compromise the quality of your buds. However, this is one of the quickest methods to dry them out and test them!
Brown paper bags and fans method
You can get brown paper bags from any grocery store or supermarket. You might even have some lying around at home!
- Place a handful of your buds inside these paper bags and hang them horizontally in a windy area outdoors.
- Leave your bags here for 2 – 3 days to almost completely dry out your buds.
Leaving them for another extra day will get the job done, but if you are in a hurry, then you can use a fan. Place the fan adjacent to your buds and flip them every 10 minutes until they are dry to touch. In less than an hour, your buds will be ready for testing!
If you do not have electrical appliances such as fans or microwaves, then you will have to turn to nature’s ultimate source of heat: the sun.
- Place your paper bags full of marijuana buds in your front yard or porch where they have maximum sunlight exposure.
- Use a heavy item such as a chair or flower pot to keep your bag from being carried away by the wind.
- Depending on which climate zone you live in and the sunlight intensity available, this process may take anywhere from a few hours to 2 days.
Drying your buds requires heat which can be extremely damaging to your buds. The trick to quick-drying your buds with potent results is to choose a method that is a balance between the amount of heat you apply and the length of time it takes for your buds to dry.